The City of New Albany is seeking proposals from community organizations for a fundraising opportunity. The city has decommissioned roughly 700 street name signs that will be made available to non-profit organizations for the purpose of raising funds to support programs and projects that benefit the New Albany community. It is anticipated that the fundraiser would take the form of an auction; however, other formats will be considered. Non-profit organizations that are based in or do the majority of their work in New Albany are eligible to apply.
Interested organizations should respond to the Request for Proposals (RFP) by 5:00 pm on January 8, 2021. Submissions should be a PDF file that is sent to email@example.com.
The city will review applications to determine the best proposal in terms of the maximum benefit to the community and the organization’s ability to successfully undertake the fundraiser.
When an organization responds to this RFP by making a submission, the community organization is committing to the following:
- To take possession of the signs no later than 30 days after city notification that your organization has been selected.
- To be able to transport the signs from the New Albany Public Service Department facility to another storage location or accept delivery of the signs from the city. For reference, the signs are generally 6”- 8” high by 30” long and are stored on three pallets.
- Be able to hold the fundraiser within 90 days of taking possession of the signs.
- To utilize the fundraiser’s proceeds for programs, projects or initiatives that support the NA community.
- To provide a closing report to the City detailing the results of the fundraiser including proceeds collected. The report should be submitted to the City no later than 90 days after the date of the fundraiser.
The response to the RFP consists of two parts. The first part is a written response to the questions outlined below. The second part is required documentation related to the organization’s structure and mission.
- Written Response
The submittal shall include a written response to the following questions.
- What is the organization’s mission?
- How long has the organization operated?
- Describe the type of event that will be held and the format for the fundraiser. Provide details regarding the event planning and execution.
- What is your organization’s communication and marketing plan to promote the fundraiser to the community?
- What will the organization do with the proceeds from the auction?
- How will the organization use the funds raised to support its mission?
- How will the organization store the signs?
- Explain the organization’s structure and capacity to manage the fundraiser?
- Would you be willing to partner with another organization on the fundraiser?
2. Required Documentation
- Organization’s articles of incorporation and a certificate of good standing from the Ohio Secretary of State.
- Organizational chart
- List of current officers/staff
- Description of the mission and list of programs and projects that the organization has produced in the past five years (please specifically identify the number of programs and projects within New Albany).