You are invited…
to a virtual Town Hall conversation Thursday, June 10, at 7 p.m., to bring us together as a community and to serve as an impetus for future actions that can help us all better understand each other. This Town Hall will be hosted by SOAR-AAPN, in partnership with the City of New Albany and its IDEA Committee, the New Albany-Plain Local Schools, Pride New Albany, and the New Albany Community Foundation. SOAR-AAPN President Charm London will welcome all attendees, and Benjamin Reid, Columbus Metropolitan Library – New Albany Branch Manager, will facilitate the discussion.
Panelists will include the following:
- New Albany Mayor Sloan Spalding
- New Albany Councilwoman and IDEA Committee representative Marlene Brisk
- New Albany Police Chief Greg Jones
- New Albany-Plain Local School Board President John McClelland
- New Albany Community Foundation Chair of the Board of Trustees Everett Gallagher
- New Albany Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Cherie Nelson
We hope you join us by clicking here to register. If you do, you will hear directly from New Albany leadership about their goals and actions to create a more inclusive community. Once you register for the event, you will have the opportunity to submit questions that will be the basis for the evening’s discussion. The panelists will answer a set of questions submitted by the community, and other officials from each entity will also participate in this Town Hall to help answer questions. Those questions not answered during the one-hour forum will be answered and posted on the City of New Albany website at a later date.